Friday 30 June 2017

Quarantine (2008) - Film Review

Review:

*Originally written June 29th, 2017*

"Braindead"

A rather pointless, albeit competently made remake of a much better Spanish horror film starring a TV actress.

People who are too lazy or stupid to read subtitles deserve films this uninspired. It doesn't help that I'd only rewatched the excellent REC very recently, so I felt like I'd seen it all before (Which I had, seeing as this is a more or less shot-for-shot remake).


God knows what the straight-to-DVD sequel to this is like, I'll probably get round to it at some point.

My favourite stuff in this was Jennifer Carpenter hanging out with the firefighters for the first 10 minutes or so.

Blah. I have nothing to say. Just watch the original REC instead, it's better, more effective and you'll thank me after.
  
5/10 Dans

Quarantine is out now on Blu-ray and DVD in the UK
Watch the trailer below:

Follow us:
Twitter: @FigmentReviews, @DanBremner96 and @ArronRoke91
Instagram: @DanBremner96 and @ArronRoke
YouTube: Figment Reviews
Letterboxd: Dan and Arron 

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (2019) - PS4 Review

Review: *Originally written November 19th, 2019* There's no denying that EA has had a bad run with the Star Wars franchise since i...