Wednesday 24 May 2017

Mother's Day (2016) - Film Review

Review:

*Originally written May 24th, 2017*

Urm... Well this was my first ever Garry Marshall film and I did not expect this to be the cancerous piece of abortion it ended up being. I expected middle of the road fluff, instead I got a mind-numbing barrage of brain damage and hateful characters.

As someone who hates their alcoholic, estranged mother who acts like a 12 year old in a 38 year old's body, this probably wasn't the film for me. Every character was just... awful. It reminded me a lot of Love Actually, but without the unhinged madness of Richard Curtis to keep it at bay. This was just repulsively bland and icky.

What an awful waste of such a talented cast. How dare a human being waste Timothy Olyphant, that in itself is a sin. That's Raylan Fucking Givens. You give that man something to do. Not humiliate him to this level.

Saying this, I had no idea Jennifer Aniston was in this. She is basically the final nail in every terrible comedy film of the past 10 years. I know people like Friends, which is fine, it was a show of its time, but Aniston truly is an awful actress that drags down everything she is in.

I honestly don't know why I keep adding garbage like this on my Netflix watchlist and then viewing it at 1am. I hate myself. It's worth noting that I still haven't seen Casablanca or many of Terrence Malick's or Richard Linklater's films, but hey, now I've fucking watched Mother's Day. Fuck me. Fuck my life. End my life.

1/10 Dans

Mother's Day is out now on Blu-ray and DVD in the UK
Watch the trailer below:

Follow us:
Twitter: @FigmentReviews, @DanBremner96 and @ArronRoke91
Instagram: @DanBremner96 and @ArronRoke
YouTube: Figment Reviews
Letterboxd: Dan and Arron 

Facebook
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (2019) - PS4 Review

Review: *Originally written November 19th, 2019* There's no denying that EA has had a bad run with the Star Wars franchise since i...